Participating in ASPREE
Thank you to all our 19,114 ASPREE participants enrolled in the ASPREE study in Australia and the USA. Here is a recap of what is involved in the trial.
- Participating in the ASPREE study is easy; it involves taking your study tablet at approximately the same time every day, attending annual health checks and receiving brief phone calls.
- ASPREE is a double-blinded, placebo controlled study, which means we don’t know, your GP won’t know and neither will you know whether you are taking a daily 100mg of aspirin or a placebo tablet.
- Our team will call you approximately every 3 months between annual study visits, asking about your health. The calls last on average 2 – 10 minutes.
- Annual study visits take about 1- 1.5 hours and will be undertaken at a time and location convenient to you.
- Many ASPREE participants also enrolled in ASPREE sub-studies. Thank you. Your willingness to share health information and/or undergo additional clinical measurements such as an MRI, is much appreciated.
- Study medications and ASPREE health checks and investigations are free of charge.
- The ASPREE contact number 1800 728 745, is a free call from a landline.
- If you have any questions about the study, please do contact the team or visit our FAQ page.